Wa Traffic [嘩紅綠燈]

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Talk freely, maturely and suggestively

Do you know why the closure of WaFM make people feel so sad? “Wa After Hour Traffic” is one of the popular show within WaFM. It not only pinpoints the most current issues in Malaysia that require close attention of all people, it allows people to discuss about it, voice their view without fear or favor, make concrete suggestion and give realistic critics. Sad to say, it is the only radio station exist(ed) in Malaysia providing such platform for the people to express their thinking.

I hope with this watraffic blog, the spirit of “Wa After Hour Traffic” still remains.

Your comments to any of the topics here are welcomed. But please don’t use this place as a venue to spread hatreds of religion, racial or cultish ideas. Respect other’s opinions, just like how your view will be respected.

Although I understand, the comments posted by the readers here may not necessarily represent my idea. But I will not hesitate to “do what I can” to prevent such excessive offensive expression. In any case, I will keep this to the minimum because:
1) I too respect the freedom of speech
2) It’s impossible for me to watch everybody 24X7

Thanks for your participation in advance.

5 Comments:

  • Well, personally i feel that one of the reasons of the closure is because of this program. I read Malaysiakini and noted a few authors commented on how "venomous" it can be to certain people they invited to talk in the radio show.
    I think if we can wait for another year, and if the station is actually revived,things has to change.
    In my personal opinion, i think the DJ (though i luv them so much, esp xiao hui) should exert more authority in terms of controlling the emotion of the callers, and also should possess the ability to try to interrupt them if things get too sensitive. It is always good to practise certain amount of self controll.

    By Blogger HPT, at Thursday, October 20, 2005 9:04:00 PM | Permalink  

  • I feel puzzled about how our Malaysian people think? If they are given chance to voice their view, unhappiness, then they would fear of what would happen to the radio station. If there is no such platform for them to talk, then they complain there is no freedom of speech here. Don't you think we fellow Malaysian are still in the process of adjusting ourself towards "real" democracy?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sunday, October 23, 2005 2:55:00 PM | Permalink  

  • Last night I listened again to Datuk Seri Lim KY's sarcastic comments about WaFM's closure, and the more I listened to it, the more I feel sad about our country's politician (like him) and the political landscape.

    Snobbish and arrogant people like him doesn't deserve a place in the parliment or to be elected to represent the rakyat. Such ashamed!

    Nevertheless, WaOnline and it's founders (and all who supports it) have proven that freedom of speech, the strong will to survive as well as people power shall prevail at the end of the day! Bravo to all of you!!

    It's still a long road to go, but then, please be persevere and fight on diligently! We will support you... . Also, be vigilant and cautious always, as I am sure there are eyes watching over us even as I write now. Long live WaOnlin/WaFM! Long live the people!!

    By Blogger minghuang, at Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:47:00 AM | Permalink  

  • ming huang, what he said last night? Sorry, I miss out news yesterday.

    By Blogger watraffic, at Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:48:00 PM | Permalink  

  • Watraffic, no new comments from Datuk Seri LKY, yet. Well, if he does, I hope he better says something more constructive, and NOT treating us like clowns.

    I was referring to the sarcastic comments he made recently about 1 million signatures vs 1 million Ringgit. I heard it over again in waonline's "热点追踪之哗然失声" programme last night. Cheers! :)

    By Blogger minghuang, at Wednesday, October 26, 2005 3:10:00 PM | Permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home