Wa Traffic [嘩紅綠燈]

Monday, October 24, 2005

waonline online now.

Finally, I managed to listen to waonline tonight, at home. I can't listen it at my office because the radio traffic packets have been blocked by the firewall.

Okay, few things I would like to talk about the internet radio station:

  1. The quality is unexpectedly good. I was just connected to the net using dial-up line, there was no obvious drop in voice streaming! A big commend to the radio station designer (is it Global Infonet?).
  2. Internet radio is a workable solution as it is already in the internet world for quite some time. However, I still believe it should also expand to cover conventional radio transmission so that more people are able to listen to it. At the end of the day, whether the radio station is profit or non-profit oriented, it needs fund to survive. The fund would naturally come from commercial ads. You need to have a wider audience base to attract more commercial ads. (Although no one like commercial breaks, including me, but the fact is so realistic.) But of course it's not now, as it has been discussed before, it's not easy to go for conventional radio transmission.
  3. I would recommend that waonline extend it's coverage to PDAs and 3G phones. Most PDAs nowadays are GPRS and WIFI enabled, and I think EDGE and 3G will be supported not so long in the future. I believe with minimum effort and upgrade, people will be able to listen to waonline anywhere using 3G phone and PDA.

    Congratulations, waonline! Keep up the good work.

1 Comments:

  • Wifi is working even now with the present set up. I hv been using my pda to listen to waonline since the first day.
    I think they definitely need financial support. Personally i think this can even become profitable if they handle it properly.
    We should support waonline more than before. I hv seen wafm goes bust once and would definitely regret to see waonline goes bust again. I have bought a cd from the website, guys out there, have u??

    By Blogger HPT, at Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:25:00 PM | Permalink  

Post a Comment

<< Home