Wa Traffic [嘩紅綠燈]

Monday, April 17, 2006

Third-world satellite TV


Last month, I subscribed to Astro’s Box Office movie channel for my wife to enjoy some HK movies. In one of the weekend (I rarely have time to sit down in front of a TV for even one hour in a week), when my daughter was asleep and my wife had gone out attending her class, I took the opportunity to watch a movie called something like Shopaholics starred by Jordan Chan and Cecilia Cheung.

The show was about in the middle when I switched on the TV, but soon after showed me the pirated VCD kind of quality. I checked that there was no raining and thunderstorm outside my house! I taped it using my VCR in order to show it to all of you to prove that I don’t bluff it!

In the clip, you will notice that I switch to the configuration menu to display the satellite signal strength, which was 77 -> Good! And to further prove that I don’t manipulate the video image, I press the info. or sub-title buttons. From there you could that the blue color info. or sub-title selection box was clear, while the movie contents at the background was garbled!

I don’t feel Astro was giving a good service so far. This is especially true because it could not solve the transmission problem whenever there was raining, be it heavy rain or just drizzle, and whether the storm happened at your place or at the transmission source. Meaning to say, you won’t get what you want even though you have paid for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home