Wa Traffic [嘩紅綠燈]

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

ITIS – Another proud project in Malaysia

For several days, I have passed by several stretches in KL town that are “monitored” by ITIS. These are what I observed during peak hours in the evening.





What is the purpose of the VMS (the big screen) if it is blank during the peak hours when the motorists need them the most?
You will notice that there are a lot of cameras already installed in every corner in the city. However, when you visit the
ITIS web site, most of the cameras are either not available or not working. I hope this is not a another white elephant project in Malaysia.




P/S: I have observed an interesting message found in one of VMS, saying “Kesesakan biasa berlaku di Jalan Semantan …”. First it tells everybody that the road is congested as usual (biasa); second it also tells the road users that that road is as congested as usual. If I’m not the frequent road user of that road, then I’m not biasa to that road, so there’s no way for me to imagine how jam is the road!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home